Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fred's Monster

For the past few years, I've told my wife that we don't make travel plans for the weeks before or after Memorial Day, because it's planting time. Fred didn't heed that advice, and he left for Hawaii with his seedlings entrusted to me. Let's take a look at Fred's giant tomato seedlings.

Here is his second-best plant:


Bummer. Oh well Fred, you can still win at the guess-the-winning-weight contest. But you've got to get your guesses in soon! Everyone else, too!

2 comments:

  1. Ok boys...game on...or more appropriate its game over for you guys...what Mark failed to show, out of jealously, was "The Champ"...a brutus magnus variety that survived my extremely difficult seed germinating process. Via natural selection this plant is a winner...I suspect he ate the other seeds I put into the pot with him. I just put him in the ground last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Champ or The Chump? We'll wait to see an actual tomato produced by this monster of yours.

    ReplyDelete