Thursday, June 11, 2015

All in

I'm finally all planted. I have 16 tomato plants in play, but just 4 that I'm banking on for giants. 2015 is the year of containers for me - they may not produce as many or as big, but I'm hoping they have more flavor.

My giant hopefuls are in the garden. I had a hard time giving up the family farm for some hungry tomato vines, so I'm making them compete for a living. There are 3 healthy plants in this picture, plus a Big Zac from Aaron which is teetering on the verge of death. I haven't written it off yet, though. They say the sight of the gallows clarifies the mind, and I think this plant may get focused on growing yet.

 
The 4 varieties I'm growing are Mega Marv, Domingo, Big Zac, and Zaczilla. I've dubbed them Captain Marvel, The Dominator, Big Stack, and, uh, Zaczilla. Hard to improve on that name.

The 3 healthy plants all have their first truss of blossoms. Captain Marvel has one blossom that is much bigger than the others. I don't know if this is a megabloom or just a big, fat blossom, but I'm keeping my eye on it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment