Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Getting closer

At this time of the year, with weigh-ins looming close at hand, people are keeping their prized maters close to the chest. It's hard to get good information, but I have some gardening gossip. Aaron is working on his concession speech, Greg is working on growing the world's tallest cherry tomato plant, and Fred is traveling the world, leaving his dog Chewy to watch over his tomato patch. Bob is doing battle with the cold air that descends off Bear Peak, Travis is admiring the world's best looking tomato containers, and Dustin's seedlings are still under a fluorescent lamp in building 7. I don't want to name names, but two gardeners that I share cubicle walls with have some very promising looking tomatoes.

As for me, I failed to set fruit on any of my megablooms, but I have one regular tomato that is decidedly larger than the rest. It's a Domingo, and roughly 3"x5"x6". I did some very dubious math to arrive at an estimated weight. My personal record is 25 oz, and I calculate this one should go just slightly heavier than that. It's still growing though, so who knows?










No comments:

Post a Comment