Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Don't Count Your Tomatoes Before They Ripen

Alright fellas, don't get your hopes up too high cause I am about to show you why this is called "Fred's Giant Tomato Blog".  Check out this Big Zac megabloom.

Been on the vine for several weeks. It will soon take off.   No artificial pollination required for this guy...it was done the "old fashioned" way, all natural...the way nature intended.  Because this is being grown in Colorado it won't be ripe for some time.  If only I had a friend in florida growing tomatoes for me, maybe I too could have had a 1.5lb tomato already ;-)

Unlike Mark, who apparently has a dozen big zac plants, I only have one.  But, don't get too excited.  My Cherokee Purple plants want in on this action. Check out this Mega Cherokee Purple (MCP).

There are 3 tomatoes in a row in this picture...the MCP is in the center.  this one is probably destined for second place.  Right behind the big zac from above.
 

1 comment: