Monday, July 23, 2018

Time to set the table

Blossoms that set fruit this week will ripen sometime mid-September. That's starting to get late, but still manageable. So pick your winners and get rid of your losers!

Here is my previous favorite megabloom, and it's still just a blossom 2 weeks later. It hasn't turned brown and shriveled, but it hasn't started growing either. The last time I had one of these giant megablooms that was slow to get going, it never produced anything impressive.

Further up the same plant is another nice looking megabloom. I've had problems with these caterpillar-shaped megablooms. They start off looking great, but then tear themselves apart as they start growing.

Here are a couple of megablooms on the same truss. I like the one on the left better, but I'm going to keep the one on the right around for a few weeks, in case it's neighbor fizzles out.

Here's a big, round Big Zac that I previously missed.

It's big enough to make Fred envious, but it's got to go so the plant can focus its resources on this baby further up the plant. This is my new front runner.

I tried watering this Domingo back to health, but I don't think it's going to happen. When in doubt, rip 'em out!

There can be only one... These guys got snipped for being too ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment