Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Megablooms

My giants are now 2-3' tall and well into their second truss, or cluster of blossoms.


The majority of my plants have a megabloom. Here's a nice one. Note how much pollen there is in the bowl. The blossoms were really giving it up today when I buzzed them.


Here's the previous megabloom, post-emasculation and dusted with pollen. I tried using a Q-tip because I had pollen to waste, and I thought the soft cotton might get more pollen into uneven pistils.


If the definition of a megabloom is 10 or more sepals, then I have 2 megablooms on the same truss! I think this is a Big Zac.


The mega in back is the better of the two.


Here's the best mega of the bunch. I couldn't get a good frontal shot, so the posterior view will have to do. I love that thick fused stem. Thanks for bringing in the scale, Ted. I'm going to need it to weigh this brute.

1 comment:

  1. Looking real nice. My Big Zac's are pretty heat stressed at the moment so the break from crazy high temps over the next week will be a welcome one.

    ReplyDelete